Thursday, March 10, 2005

Late night fun and games

If you can believe my luck I am working right now. If you check the time on this post you will see that it is a ridiculous hour to be doing anything but sleeping. We have some blah blah blah critical upgrade that requires several people to be involved in testing the effected applications. Fortunately for most of the people involved they work at this hour and this will not interfere with their vampire friendly sleep schedules. Once again I am so freaking important to this operation that I get to be on two conference calls where my input is rarely needed. Basically all I am doing is functioning as a relay. Someone on the tech bridge says “everything is back up, can we have the users test?” and I say to the user bridge “everything is back up, can we have the users test?” In fact if the participants from one call were allowed to join the other I could be sleeping! But we can’t allow the techs and the normal users to mingle. You understand how easy it is to pass nerd from one group to another these days. My only consolation is that thanks to the modern conviences I am working from home. I am able to access the company network from my laptop, over a high speed cable internet connection and I have no land line phone so I am using three different cellular phones to connect to ten or fifteen different people in several cities.

No comments: