Friday, March 25, 2005

Ahhhhhhhhhh

What an awesome week! Well I guess any week where you only go to work for two days and get paid for five is bound to compare favorably to others that aside I did have a good week. I accomplished most of the things on my “to do” list on my days off. Funny how people think any time off of work is “Vacation”. My boss put a very fine point on this last week for me when she returned from three days off, where she had taken a “Trip”. Simply put Vacation is where you go somewhere with your spouse (or significant other for the sake of political correctness) and you relax and have fun. A Trip is when you go somewhere and take your children with you, note the distinct difference and the conspicuous absents of FUN and Relaxation. And further “Time Off” is where you are not at your place of employment but are getting paid. Each of these has a diminishing allure but still remain much more appealing that any day at work, I don’t care if you have casual Fridays or not. Alas I digress, my point is that I had three days off that were both productive as I was able to accomplish everything on my list of chores that the weather would permit, and relaxing to the point that I was spending a greater volume of time with the people I love that the other sheep on the cube farm.

No comments: