Monday, March 07, 2005

Burnt Bean Juice

Man I love coffee! I don’t know why but I felt like declaring that. I prefer good coffee but I will drink institutional coffee too. I am not a “Hardcore” coffee drinker though; I only drink one cup a day, I don’t like black coffee (artificial sweeteners and half and half is my favorite) and generally only have coffee on weekdays. My wife broke the carafe for our coffee maker more than a year ago and we just sold the maker in a garage sale instead of buying a new carafe because it was ugly and could only made two cups badly at one time. I sometimes want to buy a good coffee maker for home, but then I think about the fact that I will not settle for a cheap piece of junk that makes mud, and so I am too cheap to spend the money for what I really want. Plus when I want a caffeinated drink at home I will generally just have hot tea (Earl Gray) with honey and milk!

2 comments:

monkistan said...

try a french press. they make the best coffee, and are generally on the cheap side. http://www.wholelattelove.com/Bonjour/eiffel.cfm

Freddy said...

I love coffee. Columbian preferably. I use a cafetiere. Not too expensive and works fine for me.