Monday, March 21, 2005

It pays to be resourceful

I recently spoke to a co-worker who had the break pads replaced on the front of his car and the rotors turned and it only cost him $130.00 or so. I replaced the pads on mine, and put on new rotors (the old ones were scored beyond correction) and bought a new small floor jack and jack stands for $100. I got the job done and only spent $60 on the job and the rest on boy toys. So I am feeling pretty full of myself this evening! I would be gloating even more except I have to do the rears tomorrow, which I was not expecting. I mentioned that I am off job numbero uno for the first three days this week but I am about to leave for job part duex. But three chores on the list are done; garage cleaned (good enough for credit anyway), jeep breaks fixed (the part that was planned), and door handle replaced (this one only took me a year to get to). Hopefully tomorrow will be as productive. I am sure it will, because we take our youngest Ethan to the doctor in the morning then, we are going to swing by and get our French Press. Caffeine always helps with productivity!

No comments: