Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Two days off worth the price.

I had off both Sunday and Monday this week, I work the second job on Saturday’s and rarely have two days off together. But I put in for the day off a while back to have Valentines Day off from the main job, simply to make points with the Mrs. By coincident was scheduled off the second job as well, I normally work two days aside from Saturday Monday being a common one. So the much loathed little travel alarm which wakes me from slumber more days than not with a “deet, deet, deet” was silenced for two strait days. In it’s place, gratefully at a much later interval in the morning I was roused by a small man say three foot three with as many years, who very much resembles myself, whispering in my ear”daddy what are you dodin?” When it is so uncommon being woken by your first born is quite a pleasurable experience. Opening my eyes from a comfortable sleep to see a sweet face that barely appears over the side of the bed, makes me smile every time.
For the most part the time off was blissfully uneventful, save the quick trip to the park in the early Monday afternoon, to take advantage of the first truly pleasant weather of the year that has fallen on a day when I am not shackled to a desk, And the arrival of a group of DVDs which were not opened until late on the same eve. I do enjoy low intensity days such as these more than I should.
Alas the time enjoyed did not go unmarred; I believe that I have come down with a head cold as I am stuffy, sneezey and ever so slightly miserable, and after speaking to the lovely Mrs, She and the sprouties appear to be afflicted by the same. O well this to shall pass.

Click here and make me feel better

No comments: