Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Stop your sniveling you big baby!

Well I have come to the conclusion that I am a complete baby when it comes to being ill. I am not proud of that fact but I find it near impossible to be chipper or even pleasant with others when I have even the slightest head cold, which is what I believe I have now. I don’t know if I should just go home and crawl into bed but that’s exactly what I want to do, and nothing else. I fear that a “real man” would tough it out and stay on the job. What I really fear is that I will inconvenience some of my peers by making them cover me in my absence, because my job function can not go unmanned as I am completely critical to the operation. Yeah like the guy on the deep fat fryer at McDonald’s. The drive through window for this entire company of 65,000 people would back up for miles if I left my post unmanned!

How does one determine if the symptoms that they are displaying are as a result of a head cold or seasonal allergies? I have never really investigated the detail for the difference. All I know is my nose is not functioning as a method to draw air into my lungs today because it is otherwise preoccupied with the production of snot which it is storing up a great reserve in the open spaces of my cranium to the point where it threatens to leak out my ears as well as my nose!

1 comment:

monkistan said...

i think it's a guy thing: being a big pussy when you have the slightest cold symptoms. i do the same.