Friday, February 04, 2005

Is Wal-Mart good for America?

This article talks to what I have been saying for years now.And though it is very long it is very good at the same time. I believe Wal-Mart is bad for America and bad for American towns and workers. There is only one thing to do about it. Don’t buy from Wal-Mart! I know their stuff is cheap, it is often junk too. A young man I worked with a few years back had a motto “one dollar, one vote.” Basically what he was saying is that you condone the things that are linked to how you spend your money. If you buy from companies that exploit children as cheap labor then you are saying “That’s okay as long as I get a good deal.” Well the same thing applies to buying things from Wal-Mart, yeah you can buy things cheaper there and they are the largest employer in the US other than the Federal government but the way they do pay their staff keeps them in an economic state where they can only afford to shop at Wal-Mart. Anyway, that is enough venom spouting for one day. If I don’t post again have a good weekend.

No comments: