Thursday, February 24, 2005

I have learned my lesson

You every go to extra length to defeat a system that is broken simply to satisfy your own wanton desires? I went to one of our many vending machines this afternoon in order to procure myself a tasty beverage (Mountain Dew, the breakfast of champions!) and the mechanism that allows you to use paper money for this transaction was not functioning. In fact I made sure it was not functioning by attempting to place my dollar in the machine no less than five times, and then bent over in an attempt to pear into the device as if I may be able to see why it is not functioning. At this point some less determined folk would have given up and simply wondered to another part of the building to attempt their commerce activity with a different vendor. I am build with more headstrong material (some refer to this as being stubborn). And getting the opportunity to subvert the system that has been put in place by “the Man” which attempts to force me into more exercise against my will, in order to satiate my caffeine/sugar fix brings me great pleasure. I devised a scheme and simply went to the candy machine located adjacent to the soda machine and inserted my dollar in this machine, under the guise of an intended transaction with the Candy Pimp so as to fool this machine into falling into my plot. Once the second machine had fallen for my ruse and accepted my money, I simply pressed the change return button assuming that the machine would be unable to return paper money and would serve as a Silver for Paper monetary exchange apparatus. All though my plot worked in essence, I was sorely disappointed by the sound of a One Arm Bandit that had hit triple cherries on three wheels, as the pawn in my game began to deposit what sounded like a hundred dimes into a loud tin pan! It took me longer to extract the ten dimes from the small noise amplification device than it would have taken me to take the walk that these machines conspired to put me on. But I still got my Dew and didn’t have to take an extra step to get it. Note to self; if the machine will not take your money fat boy, Keep Walkin.

No comments: