Friday, April 29, 2005

You can never be prepared for everything.

Yesterday afternoon the lovely Mrs. and I were not communicating very well, actually we had some confrontational phone conversations before I left work.

I was on edge about some issues I was having with our bank (no money and checks in the mail) and she is feeling sick so she is not as patient with my grumpiness as she normally would be.

She had to go to the doctor because she was felt like she might have Strep Throat and a piercing headache. I was trying to get out of the office and go home to watch the boys so she could go to the doctors office unfettered, and just as I am attempting to run out a small crisis breaks out and despite my attempts to;
a) Quickly resolve the matter and be on my way.
b) Put off addressing the issue until it fit my life schedule.
C) Ignore the issue all together.

I end up delayed to the point where I am no use in the stand in child care department and have even caused her to be late for her appointment with not enough time to throw the sprouts in the car to take them along. And because I didn’t call home in with notification of my delay in sufficient time to prevent a negative impact on the launch window, this resulted in an additional miscommunication session.

Suffice it to say I am feeling kind of guilty for being completely useless in the “helpful spouse during bouts of illness” department and indignant about the lack of points scored in the “it’s the thought that counts” category.

So as men often do I respond to the over all situation by being a grumpy poo poo head. At this point all phone conversations have come to a stopped and by the time I leave the office I imagine that like me, the lovely Mrs. is stewing in preparation for a face to face show down. On the drive home I was trying to get in the proper frame of mind so I don’t just go in acting like a mean flame thrower. Well that wasn’t working so I was still pretty cross when I walked in, I come in the front door and notice there is a homemade sign handing over the doorway to the dinning room that reads.

We are Having a Baby!!!!!

How about that? Needless to say there was lots of hugging and no fussin. Just me feeling quite foolish for being such a grump. Ain’t life grand?

No comments: