Thursday, April 28, 2005

Why won’t they just make it stop!

I am being tortured at work. Have you ever been in a situation like this? Where something in your place of employment is just making you completely uncomfortable every single day, and you can stop thinking about it even when your not there? See I have this issue where I pass by this window every day several times a day and can’t help being disturbed by the image I see outside. Frankly I am appalled that the company I work for is so intimately associated with this object of my torment on top of it all. I have mentioned before that I work in a large corporate “Campus” with lots of buildings. In fact I work on the second floor in one of the many buildings, so when I visit the break area to retrieve my lunch from the fridge or buy a soda etc. I can see other buildings across a short distance and from the slight elevation I can even see into other buildings, sometimes I can see people and even discern what they are doing. Here is where my torture begins, One of the buildings in the middle of my vista is a lovely three story brick building with a curved arching metal roof with a dark patina finish and a large expanse of clear glass windows twenty foot tall across the entire third floor. From my vantage point you can easily see people passing these windows, and if you pause for a short period you can’t help but notice that people pass this entire expanse of windows most of them very quickly, actually many of them appear to be running! Now I am ashamed to admit this but I think my company is supporting some sort of physical fitness center. I mean the depravity of individuals can not be stopped at times but for an entire company to endorse even go so far as supporting this kind of moral sickness is just putting my stomach in knots. Here I am a over indulgent soft in the middle thirty something trying to maintain my palatial waistline. This kind of guilt trip staring me in the face everyday is nearly more than I can take! I mean it’s gotten so bad that I am even starting considered going over there and taking part in this “healthy” activity garbage. Oh won’t you please offer advice on how I can resist the temptation to sink to the level of improving my physical wellness?

No comments: