Thursday, April 07, 2005

Truly truly disappointing

We went on our field trip yesterday but I do not have any pictures of my beautiful mosaic piece I created which will make you become completely jealous of my incredible artistic abilities, because I didn’t make anything! Here is the entire story. We were allowed to pick any project that cost less than twenty dollars, and the company would pay for it because it is a company sponsored team thing. So I picked a rectangle and was going to lay out my design in the middle. But when I asked the for a cutter to shape the glass to

the Mosaic Nazi said “well I can make a couple of cuts for you, but yours would require a lot of work”
I said “Well I am willing to do the cutting myself, I just need the nippers to do it”
Mosaic Nazi said “well that’s really to complicated, you would need to come take a class and maybe be working on something that would be more than thirty five dollars, and sign a waver blah blah blah”

She didn’t ask anything about my skill set or for that matter she didn’t ask me anything, She was kinda condescending like her stupid mosaic shop was full of work from the master craftsmen and I was only qualified to finger paint. I don’t like the clunky pieces where the colors are all jumbled up and there is no pattern, just cramming pieces that fit on a stupid form. I would have more fun with a coloring book. Oh well I am disappointed that my artistic drive still goes without being satiated.

No comments: