Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Back in the Saddle again

Well I am back at work this week after a well deserved week off. I mentioned before that I didn’t do anything of note, outside of a celebration dinner with the lovely Mrs. and the boys. I back at work (both jobs) now and getting into the swing of things again.

An opportunity for advancement may present it’s self very soon at job nubero uno. In short one of the senior analyst in our department has left the company he “resigned” (riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight) any who this has created an opening that I will surly have a strong shot at. The position would not be the rocket ship to glorious fortune and adulation or a fast track to Life Goal Career or anything but still represents a progression in my career path and includes some marked advantages over my current position, which is good because they have decided that a trained chimp (or untrained for that matter) could provide much better job performance in my current position than myself. I feel like I am a shoe in for the position, the only thing I am truly wondering about is how much more, if any salary would be attached. If I received an increase to the “minimum” salary for the job grade it would be notable cabbage bump, but I have my suspicions that there is a not completely secret (yet unpublished) company policy of only giving 5% salary increases even with a promotion, as some sort of pencil pusher number jockey’s method of cost control. Which probably earned some pinhead a plastic pyramid shaped desk trophy for recognition, six weeks before they axed him. Part yet another cost restructuring effort which would earn some executive another six figure baffle in his golden parachute. But I digress, though I may be a little jaded and sarcastic about the entire corporate job universe I remain decidedly optimistic about the future.

No comments: