Monday, April 04, 2005

Wipe that stupid smirk off your face

I have not been this generally happy in years. I don’t mean to gloat I just can’t help saying it out loud. My wife and I are communicating like never before, which improves all the other aspects of our marriage (if you know what I mean, wink, wink, nudge, nudge).My boys are both healthy and are so well behaved that I am totally impressed with them, plus I am amazed every day at how quickly they are growing and how smart children are at such an early age. Both of my jobs are going well, no drama and that’s the only thing that I find hard to deal with. Our finances are on a plan to get better, things are pretty much the same except we have a plan to manage our money and we are working the plan. I have to say that I know why all these things are in order at this time. I have been spending more and more time in prayer these days. Our church started a program of twenty four hour a day prayer on March 1st and it has run every day for the month of March and was just extended through the end of April. They had sign up sheets with one hour slots and a room set aside just for this purpose. The Mrs and I were only able to sign up a couple of times last month but we signed up for about ten hours this month. I can feel the changes in myself that are taking place simply because I am thinking more about God and what he wants for my life.

No comments: