Friday, May 13, 2005

It’s my birthday, What did you get me?

Today is my birthday, and I am breaking a tradition that I have held with few exception for near twenty years. In honor of my own birth I take the day off and either spend it doing something only I am interested in doing or spend it at home doing nothing at all (which is pretty much the same thing). However this year I am working both jobs all day, and money is tight so I will not be buying some frivolous self-indulgent present for myself. I have been taking stock of my life over this week, as I imagine many people do around milestone birthdays (I’m 35 today).

Isn’t it funny how the when you get older the milestone birthdays get farther apart? I mean when you a kid it’s almost like every year is a big deal. Yeah your one, two, three, etc… well I guess it gets kinda lean until ten, then thirteen is a good one, then your waiting for sixteen, eighteen twenty(only cool cuz your not a “teen” anymore), twenty one Big big deal, then they start spreading out. Twenty five is important because your old to everyone in your age group. Then thirty Oh man, where you have to relinquish any vestiges of cool that you may have kept hidden from your college days. But then it’s all about the ten year marks from then on, fourty fifty etc etc….

While pondering my life I have come to one conclusion above all other. No matter how emotionally immature I tend to act I have inexplicably be come an adult somewhere along the way. And frankly this has happened with out any consent from me!

Yeah I have all the trappings of a grown up; a Lovely Mrs., 2.2 kids(one in the oven), two cars, in a two car garage, in the house that will be ours in just three hundred twenty-four more payments, thinning hair, and bulging waistline. Yep I have arrived!

I know that some may not look at this inventory and find much appeal but that’s fine with me, I love my life and would not trade if for yours for all the tea in China.

If you want to help me celebrate or maybe feel obligated to get me something for a birthday gift just help me get an iPod for free, here is the Link to my previous blog and her is a Link to a buddy’s blog that has his in the mail.

No comments: