Friday, May 27, 2005

Wow its Friday already

This week has just flown by, mostly because we have all been on a chocolate cake buzz the entire week. I am sad to say that I will miss my good buddy chocolate cake, but alas he is now gone forever. Oh such sweet soft kisses I will truly miss him.

Today we are going to the baby doc for the first time with this pregnancy (that would be an obstetrician, not an infant with a PhD). We are changing doctors from the one who “delivered” Ethan. And by delivered I mean she spent 45 second with my wife each visit where we had to sit in her office for an hour and a half, she also popped in five minutes before my son appeared and promptly left five minutes after.

I still say that my wife delivered Ethan all by herself and for the most part the rest of us in the room were just in her way. My role in the birthing process was to run the video equipment and drive quickly, which I did both exceptionally well. However I failed to capture the climatic event on video in the heat of the moment. I forgot to resume recording again after a brief pause to avoid excessive footage of the lovely Mrs. a’la natural. I did get some great video of the view out the window, but as I framed in on a lovely water feature out in the hospital garden my wife can be heard in the back ground agonizing through transitional labor. I will likely have to dub over the sound to mask the outcries which were a pretty obvious wake up call for me to get back to coaching and stop playing with my toys. Actually I am in awe of the entire process and just grateful just to be a witness to this amazing event.

My wife is already very happy about changing doctors as she has discovered that the new doctor likes to have a sonograms (or ultra-sound what ever) performed early and with some frequency where this is sometimes only performed once or twice, and you know how ladies love baby pictures
.

We are eight weeks pregnant now so the baby is only going to be about .63 inches long (crown to rump) so I don’t expect to be able to see much family resemblance yet. But I am looking forward to my first glimpse of the little one. I will try to post pictures this weekend.

No comments: