Monday, June 20, 2005

Missing in Action

For my three loyal readers I have to say sorry right up front. I have not posted in a very long time. This has been the biggest break since I started blogging and I will do my best to keep it from ever happening again.

Now on to the life updates. First thing on my mind this morning is


Way to go Spurs! Man I love Robert Horry. I have not mentioned this before but San Antonio is my home town and the Spurs are my team (until the fall when the Cowboys start playing anyway) and my boys are making a great show of it. I was a little nervous the last couple of games because Detroit is such a good team and the Spurs showed no heart for two games. This is the Finals baby, you gotta bring you’re A game!

We had a good visit with my sister and her family last weekend. They stopped in on their way to TN for a wedding. They have three kids and they are close to the age of our boys so they all got along wonderfully. I have great memories of my cousins when I was a kid and it made me feel good to see my children building the same type of relationships. The adults sat up on Saturday night talking until 6:30 am! No booze no cards just the four of us sitting around the kitchen table gabbing and laughing until the sun came up. We were all bushed and of course the kids were up at 8:30 like clockwork! And five kids under the age of five are not capable of being quiet especially when the three youngest are boys. My sister and Brother-in-law brought their big motor home and when we drove around town we all went together in it and my oldest though that was the coolest thing. In fact this Saturday when we told him we have to get ready to go to his baseball class he asked if “the really big car is going to be there”. I personally though it was a great visit, but did leave me a little sad missing family and wishing we were closer so we could spend time and allow our kids to get to know their cousins.

The only negative to report is that we all got sick starting with the youngest last Sunday night, then Mamma and the oldest boy on Monday, then finally me on Tuesday. Some sort of stomach virus that ran its course (literally) in about twenty four hours. Nothing more fun that evacuating copious amount of fluid and food particles at various stages of digestion from both ends of the gastrointestinal track. But we are all well again.

I promise I will do better about the updates. thanks for droppin by

No comments: