Thursday, June 30, 2005

Do you smell that?

I am so glad it is raining this morning! It has been nothing but hot for the last couple of weeks. My poor neighbor replanted his entire yard last fall with a different type of grass, and it is not fairing so well under the 95 plus degrees (Fahrenheit for those of you abroad). I feel for him too because he does fret over it so. I like to have a nice yard and want my grass to look good, but this fellow works too hard. To give you an idea I have not mowed my grass in about ten days. It’s getting a little long, and I plan to cut it tonight after work but I have been letting it get longer because of the heat. My neighbor however cuts his grass every three or four days without fail, and waters at least once a week. All this to no avail his yard is turning a little brown already and we have yet to get into the heat of July an August. Surly by summers end his entire yard will be dead or look it at least. My grass is doing fine except for a couple of small bare patches its green and full pleases me when I look over it in the morning as I am leaving for the space station.
I am not just happy for the rain because of my grass. I love the way everything smells after it’s been raining especially in the morning. It’s like sending the entire world through the washer everything looks clean again. All the dust is removed and the colors look better. Plus that smell, you will never find a dryer sheet that smells that good. Well I hope the weather in your little patch of the earth is just to your liking.

No comments: