Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Death of a dream

It’s official! I have given up on being cool. It’s not that I don’t want to be Cool I just think that I am too lazy or apathetic to put forth the continual effort that is required. Plus I have began to discover there is a mounting list of personal traits I exhibit that completely contrast the entire ideology of Cool i.e.; I listen to talk radio in my car more than music NPR not even sports talk which could pass for Cool in some male circles, I can’t even recall the last CD that I purchased I don’t even have a CD player in my car let alone an MP3 player, I don’t even know were to buy “hip” clothes, in fact kaki pants dominate my wardrobe. For that matter I don’t even know if “hip” is hip anymore!
I remember as thinking I was never going to be boring like adults were when I was a teenager. But after close examination I think I might just be considered extremely boring! Okay I am funny, I don’t mind admitting that but Ralph Mouth was funny, as were Lenny and Squigie and those guys could not even get in the room with Cool. No I never aspired to be funny but Cool was always the moniker I sought. But maybe that was just a dream. By the way can anyone tell me what cool is? Maybe that is the problem I don’t even know cool really is how could I get there if I had no idea where it is.

No comments: