Thursday, March 16, 2006

Podcasting

Okay, my life is so being absorbed by the Apple Corporation! I don’t even have an apple computer I just have an iPod which I acquired last year! Now I am becoming totally absorbed in every media format it can play. It started out just as natural anyone might expect. I loaded songs I had on my computer, then I went through every CD I owned every digital format of music file I could get (for free at least because I am to old and too married to be spending money on music). And after a little while I figured out that some of the radio shows I listened to were available in Mp3 format, and then I figured out what a Podcast was and that these same programs were available and I started listening to them everyday. Then I got wind of the fact that private individuals are producing the same kind of programs and some of those are totally funny, most of them are crude so I will not list any that I recommend yet. But just the fact that you can find a daily dose of comedy or what ever you might be looking for makes me giddy as a school girl in a pair shiny new shoes!

All I can say is thank goodness I don’t have a video iPod or I would get nothing done!

Don’t get me wrong I am not claiming to be on the cutting edge of anything, apparently some of these Podcast have been up for several years and now there are literally hundreds of thousands on the net (the vast majority are lousy content, and poor audio quality too) but there are some diamonds in the rough out there. I encourage you to give it a whirl. Don’t be lazy just Google it, I am not going to tell you what you should listen to! Okay maybe later when I find some funny ones that are not cussing every other word.

No comments: